Stoker Family

Stoker Family

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I got a job offer!

This week I went to qwest to apply for a job. I filled out a resume, got a tour, interviewed, and had to pass a test. At the end of the process I was offered a job! During my interview I didn’t hide the fact that I have absolutely no experience! The guy said to me “Then why should I hire you?” I told him that I have the personality for the position and that I can do anything I put my mind to. He had me sell him his pen and in the end he bought it. Then he also told me “You must have some experience.” I did tell him I have to sell vegetables to my kids; he thought that was pretty funny. J. In the end I sold myself, no experience, and I haven’t worked in over 6 years. I felt quite good!

I learned that I am still a brave and confident woman that could go places in the work place but more importantly I learned that I don’t want to be that woman, at least not right now. Last night my baby was sick and throwing up. I had to ask myself what if I had work the next day. Would I just leave my sick baby? It broke my heart! Kady also told me that she misses me when I am gone. I thought my kids barely get to see their dad because he is at work, do they really need me gone too? For some women working is a great choice for them but right now it is not for me. I learned a valuable lesson that what I do at home is more important than a paycheck, or having a bigger home, or any toy. Being a stay at home mom is important to not only my kids and husband but its also important to me because I make a difference in the place that matters most, my family.

1 comment:

The Nelson Family said...

Good for you. I think you are such an amazing person. I love your insight.

Our New House!

Our New House!