Its amazing how much joy and fun can come from the simple things in life. I usually dream big that one of these days we will be able to afford exploring the world and all the fun vacations we can have but when we go to the park suddenly those dreams dont really matter and I am just as happy if not happier than if I was visiting Paris for the first time. I think it doesnt matter the places that you go just the people that you are with.
The kids love the park, they would stay there for hours, going down the slide over and over! Kady is so brave, always wanting to try the 'big kid' things and pushing herself to do better each time. She may try something and be scared but then she will try a few minutes later with new determination. Bryan wants to follow his sister, wants to be big like she is. He climbs on everything! When he first faced the slide he was so unsure and turned around but when Kady showed him how she does it he felt confident, now he slides over and over, sometimes head first lol I am not sure if thats on purpose or not! Cheyenne is just peaceful, she loves to feel a little breeze and wiggle on a blanket. She looks at everything and is just taking it all in, she wants to learn and see so much but she also doesnt mind attention lol!
Later that week we also slept out on the trampoline, we were all giggly, looking at stars and talking about different things. We sang twinkle twinkle little star. I loved spending that time with the kids and Russell, just talking, just being together without distractions. These are the memories I hope my children remember and can look back on and be happy about their childhood, I know I will never forget them and will cherish them always.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a cute family. I love your blog. And you're right. The simple things can make a difference. You are making good memories and family traditions for your children. Tina
Post a Comment